Free blog design by Louise Franks {Blog} Designs. Digiscrapping elements by Louise Franks{Digiscrapping} Designs.»

Pages

Friday, August 24, 2012

Recast Challenge!

How important is it that parents are involved in therapy??

Let me answer that question for you..... VERY!

I am challenging my parents to take part in a recast challenge! (Particularly my kindergarten parents)

For one week for 30 minutes/ day, I am asking them to recast their child's sentences that contain incorrect productions. For example, if their child has a frontal lisp and says, "Thee the thee-thaw over by the thlide?" The parent would say, "Yes, I See the See Saw over by the Slide," placing emphasis on the S sounds.

Such a simple task can go a long way with a lot of kids! This also takes out the element of correcting every utterance they produce incorrectly.

Will you challenge your parents with the Recast Challenge??

Here is a list I came up with of other ways parents can help their children at home with their articulation:



0 comments:

Post a Comment